HELP! Seperate Tracks in Drum Recording?

TheOverallKyle

Lets say I wanna record drums with reaper. I have a behringer UCA202 USB interface, a Behringer 1204fx mixer, and 4 mics (Kick,Snare, Overhead L and Overhead R). I am able to record, but all my sound only goes into one track. Is it possible to use the setup I have now to set a certain microphone to its own track, or am i going to have to buy another interface? Can anyone think of a reasonable solution??

Last edited:
That interface only has two inputs, so yes, you will need to buy a better one.

There are many to chose from depending on your needs and budget.

M-audio Fast Track Ultra? Presonus FP10? Motu 8pre? Tascam US-1641?

Lets say I wanna record drums with reaper. I have a behringer UCA202 USB interface, a Behringer 1204fx mixer, and 4 mics (Kick,Snare, Overhead L and Overhead R). I am able to record, but all my sound only goes into one track. Is it possible to use the setup I have now to set a certain microphone to its own track, or am i going to have to buy another interface? Can anyone think of a reasonable solution??

You need to stop posting the same question in different forums. Pick one place to as your question and post it there. If you're new to the recording at home, the Newbies section is a good place to start asking questions.

Thanks,

Back