help receiving signals via S/PDIF

pchorman

Folk, please tell me: when pumping data into the Audiophile 2496 S/PDIF inputs, how will this be interpreted by the recording software (e.g. Pro Tools Freebie or Cool Edit)? I mean, will it be transparent to my recording software whether an analog signal is being digitized by the Audiophile or pumped in digitally? Does the s/w care or even know better?

I'm looking to import tracks from ADAT.

Can I use both analog and digital inputs and possibly get 4 tracks at a time?

If I remember correctly, an ADAT will record 8 tracks...Are you trying to dump 8 tracks of digital audio on a PC?

absolutely. 2 at a time, preferably 4 at a time using both analog and S/PDIF inputs.

and there's supposed to be some kind of embeded timing signal in the digital data to allow sychronization. Anyone know how to pull this off?

I know in Sonar, it treats it just like an analog signal. I use mine for recording from my pod pro. Sync will be your big problem importing from an ADAT this way, because without additional equipment, I dont know how you would sync the tracks back up to each other once you get them in. The embeded timing signal is for the digital signal itself, to sync the tracks up.

Back