Help! Quick...FD-8 is locked up

Top Jimmy

I turned on my FD-8 today and after it recognized the Zip 250 the screen read...

ATA BUS C

And it will not do anything! So I called Fostex USA and was on hold for twenty minutes. Then gave up. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks Jimmy

I had this happen to me after shutting the machine down and trying to turn it on to quickly. The FD-8 locked up and I took it back thinking it was the machine. I brought the next one home and within 2 days I was back to the same problem. Not sure what happens here but if you leave it set for about 30mins unplugged it will turn back on. If you are having the same problems I was having

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Top Jimmy:
I turned on my FD-8 today and after it recognized the Zip 250 the screen read...

ATA BUS C

And it will not do anything! So I called Fostex USA and was on hold for twenty minutes. Then gave up. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks Jimmy
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Hadez,

I found out later last night that if I unplug the zip drive and wait a few minutes and plug it back in that it seems to reboot or something and then it works fine. Still a little pissed at Fostex for having a shitty customer service dept.

it locked up on me once real bad w/ my fixed scsi hard drive. i freaked!! i turned off the harddrive and tried to turn off the fd8 but it wouldn't turn off. then it did but wouldn't come back on. after 10 minutes of freak out it finally came back on. hoping it doesn't happen again. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I almost NEVER turn mine off. All I do is eject the zip disc when not in use. I think the "Pro's" rarely turn off their equipment- less wear/tear.
kmar

Back