Help Please! wav manager error

pjh6467

I was importing and exporting tracks as always and suddenly I'm getting an error message when going from MR8 to pc. I've tried downloading again and using a cd copy I made with no luck. Very frustrating. Like the rug's been pulled out from under me! I'm currently working on stacking vocals and have been grounded to a halt. Any replies appreciated. Pj

What version of MR8 software do you have? It is on the start-up screen when you turn the unti on. If you don't have at least version 1.03 there are issues with transferring tracks to pc from the MR8.

os

kd is right, i had the same problem, but it got worse, it would work on and off, then comes the dreaded error 13 message, software upgrade should really do the trick

wav manager error!!

I have version 1.05. Everything was working fine seconds before the error message came up. I'll try the update. Can anyone help me with installation? Don't want to fry anything. Thanks Pj

wav manager error

I reformated my card and seems to be working fine. Got a tip from the error 13 thread. Though I'm thinking I should still do the upgrade. Thanks to all. Pj

Version 1.03 was supposed to fix any transfer problems so you should be fine with 1.05 unless you are using a different CF card.

Why would a different CF card matter? The upgrade isn't resident on the CF, is it?

I've always deleted the file from my CF after upgrading, and never had any problems...

cellardweller said:
Why would a different CF card matter? The upgrade isn't resident on the CF, is it?

I've always deleted the file from my CF after upgrading, and never had any problems...

It is my understanding that the last update to the MR8 software was just to enable the MR8 to work well with more and different CF cards. I thought if pj was using a different card he might need to do the last update that came out.

wav manager error

I have a Delkin 256 card which I got with the MR8. The sales guy told me it came with a 256 and when I found the 128 after opening the box, I called and he found he was wrong. He made good on his word and got me the 256 and I returned the 128 at no charge. But like I said I never had a problem til now-- after 7 months. I downloaded the upgrade but need instructions to install it. Thanks again, Pj

long time

Yea it took quite awhile for it to happen to mine also, but after some research, it seems kind of common

not sure why but the info suggests anything under version 110 can become succeptable to the error 13 problem

unless i misunderstood it...

Hello,

the MR-8, even with the latest firmware 1.10, makes with some OS a lot of trouble with USB. Put your CF-card in an external CF-cardreader and let wavmanager read from here, this will work normaly.

Good luck.

Tom

I noticed that if I fill up the card with a lot of songs and do a lot of editing and deleting tracks and stuff, the contents gets currupted and I get stuck transferring to PC via USB.

Every so often I reformat the card. I also now transfer anything I do immediatly to PC for a backup.

I'm using a not-perfectly-compatible CF also. That's another story....

compatable cards

juneunpluged, thats something i thought about, i have a bigger card at work, not confirmed, but since im not bouncing down on the mr 8, just transfering to pc, i could probably get away with it....

Back