Help Please Volume Not Record Enabled

RD423

Ok had a session last night protools was having problems playing sessions off of the clients hard drive. Said it wasn't getting audio fast enough. Ok fine with that then we went to record a new session and it wouldn't let me create a new session because it was saying the drive was not record enabled try setting the volume to r for record. We have used this drive many many many times before as it has like 67gigs worth of pt sessions on it. Does anyone know what this is? Could the hard drive be going bad or is their something I can do to fix this issue? or could it be a problem with the usb cable that he had connected because it wasn't the same cable that he normally brings. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

you need to open the workspace and change the drive designation. you can find more about how to do this in the help file.

Open what workspace and which help file?

Your workspace pull-down menu in Pro Tools.

RD423 that's a pretty fundamental aspect of Pro Tools maintenance. You'll be glad you get that mechanism under control.

It allows each Pro Tools user to designate how each drive enabled is used. You have three choices P-Play only. R=Record capable. T=Transfer. This of course allows for protection and management of your hard drives.

Thx, I have been working with protools for like 5 years now and never had that happned so I will get the client back in today so we can try and get that taken care of.

Back