Help please someone

Roc

Hey ya'll im kinda new to cakewalk, i mean i figured out most of the basic stuff but i was just wondering if neone had some advice on the reverbs and compression they use. I am recording just vocals. So it would help if someone who records vocals, if you could just tell me your process after you lay then down, such as wat you add and other things like that. Thanks alot

You are going to have a hard time getting an answer to this question. The processing used on a vocal is completely dependant on what the vocal sounds like in the first place and what you want it to sound like in the end.

If there was a set process that worked for all vocals, there would be a preset that said 'vocals'. There would also be no need for recording schools, real recording engineers, etc...

Hey ya'll im kinda new to cakewalk, i mean i figured out most of the basic stuff but i was just wondering if neone had some advice on the reverbs and compression they use. I am recording just vocals. So it would help if someone who records vocals, if you could just tell me your process after you lay then down, such as wat you add and other things like that. Thanks alot

It's very difficult to give you any advice - its such an open ended question.

It depends on what sort of sound you want. You should think of mixing as a jigsaw of frequencies and amplitude (volume) with each instrument in its own space - including vocals.

Amplitude moves the sound front to back; reverb defines the space its in (large, small, dry, reflective etc.) Frequency defines its vertical placing and panning defines its horizontal position.

I always record vocals dry and then work on compression, EQ and reverb after the fact.;)

Hope this helps.:)

Back