help out here

cujothedog

hi guys----i have a few questions about singing. Other people on hundreds of occasions have listened to me talk (for like a 8 months) in just everyday life conversations . what happens is people who i know , and dont know , are always sure fire convinced that my voice is beautiful as hell enough to sing. problem is that there are NO vocal coaches here. I am a tenor, but I can tell you that the scariest revelations is : the way I hear my self, is not the way technology hears me. And the way technology hears me is the way people hear me.And I am not used to that voice they hear. I just wanna sing correctly. What techniques you guys know about that can help you hear how you sound to others--someone told me about folding your ears from the back to the front and then singing. I also do voice overs (I have the voice of a disney villian from the 1990's era of cartoon films) but should i sit down and sing in a chair without a backrest? or is is best to stand up and sing? on any occasion is sitting at all good. I know a bit about posture.? webcam would be fine if you guy dont mind.---people can sing, just not everyone can sing correctly .

Record yourself singing all the time and get used to how you actually sound when its not resonating through the bones in your skull.

My singing is shite and I can barely bring myself do to it but this is the only way I've managed to get any better is practice and then go back and check my practice. Do it again and again until you're happy with it. Even if you're only singing one line. Check yourself against an Autotune too.

Back