HELP on setting up my equipment

mo187

Right ..after years of bull&%it education, I have finally got a little set up and I need some help off any of you guys or gals regarding setting my equipment up.....

I have a
P4 2ghz pc
Audiophile 2496
mackie 1202 vlz pro
proteus 2000
mpc 2000xl
edirol pc300
Technics 1210's and behringer dx500 mixer
edirol ma 10a monitors

Now i have an idea as to how to set this all up....
pc300 to usb on the pc,
proteus to mixer
mpc to mixer
1210's to mixer

is this right so far

but i need help on some things..
from the mackie i go jack (out) to phono (in) on the pc??
everything else (proteus, mpc, 1210's) go out on there side to in on the mixer??

sorry people if i sound like a dumb gimp....but treat me like a 5 year old and i will understand!

also if i want to sample from my 1210's i have to go from the main phono (out) to the mackie??

i want to be able to have the 1210's connected to the mixer and also to be able to use the decks on thier own via an external amp and speakers, can i do this, will this allow me to hear the 1210's on my monitors??

Listen people ...you dont know how much help i need and i would be grateful for any input...i have had this equipment for a while and only do i have the space to set it up. So any help is welcome and very appreciated

sorry people.....

one more thing ..

is it possible to do this

sound card (out) to mixer (in)
mixer (out) to sound card (in)

and is this better than what i explained before......

thanks people

You are on the right track. Be carefull with that last hookup because that will cause a feedback loop. Not dangerous but annoying.

It is recomended to use the Inserts on the back of the Mackie to send that individual channel out to the soundcard. That prevents the feedback loop and gives you a cleaner signal.

thanks roadkill......your input is very appreciated.

i am having problems working the mackie out...basically does it matter which channels i use for the external equipment (proteus, mpc etc)

thanks again people

Back