Help! Old Apogee wont lock with new Interface!

scarboro78

NYC HIP-HOP AMBASSADOR
Hey Guys, It's been a long while since I've been around these parts. I was hoping someone can shed some light.

So here's the deal. I upgraded my old single-core PC with Win XP because well. it was just that time along with upgrading from Cubase SX2 to Cubase 5.5 (I love it).

My new DAW setup is:
AMD Quad-Core PC
8 Gigs Ram
1 Terabyte HD
Win7-64
Cubase 5.5

Old recording chain is:

AKG414/BLUE Dragonfly > Avalon 737 > Apogee Trak2 (AES Out) > Hosa Converter Box (SPDIF Out) > Aardvark LX6 (PCI with Breakout Box) > Cubase SX2 (worked great for years)

New recording chain is:

AKG414/BLUE Dragonfly > Avalon 737 > Apogee Trak2 (AES Out) > Hosa Converter Box (SPDIF Out) > ??:mad:?? > Cubase 5.5

I had to get a new audio interface because I was running on an Aardvark LX6 card which has been out of business for quite a while and there just are no drivers. Plus I wanted to try something new anyway. Now here's the problem, my Apogee Trak 2 (with AES out) does not want to lock to anything! I'm on my third Audio Interface and no luck. I tried a Focusrite Saphire firewire box, the m-audio solo firewire box (firewire)(which worked one day and never locked again), and most recently I'm now trying with the Tascam US-2000 (USB) which recognizes a digital signal instantly (changes to 48 from 44.1) when I turn on the Apogee but does not show a signal in Cubase when activated for recording.

I've tried EVERYTHING and the only thing I can think of is that maybe the little hosa converter box is just not working with the new devices. I'm thinking of buying one of them AES/SPDIF conversion cables and see if maybe that does the trick. Besides that, any suggestions!? (Sorry for the long post)

Thanks Guys!

Back