HELP!! New console hook-up???

getgo

HELP!! SOUNDCRAFT LX7-II hook-up???

I just upgraded from my two Mackie 1604's hooked together to a Soundcraft LX7 II and I cant figure out how to hook up the dang effects. My ol' mackies had aux out 1 through 6 and so does the Soundcraft. The mackies had 4 pairs of stereo returns for the fx processors but the Soundcraft doesnt have anything labeled as effects or aux returns! I'm stressin'!!!!! The LX7 is a 24 channel version and I am using an HD-24 recorder. HELP!!!

Last edited:
I was just looking at the manual online, and it looks like that board only has stereo returns for aux 1 & 2! For anything beyond that, looks like you'll have to return to channels (which is not an uncommon practice).

Last edited:
Yes, Unfortunately I think that the two stereo returns are it for this board. I can pretty much get the job done with just the two but jeeesh! With six aux sends, you would think that it would have more returns.

Well, aux send aren't always used for FX. Sometimes they're for monitor feeds, or sending a signal to a recorder. But yeah, that's annoying.

Went ahead and hooked the M-One up as two processors. This way I have use of two seperate fx from the M-One and I still have the use of another aux stereo input. The new board does sound a lot better! Fun fun!!

Hi Geto,

I just brought a use Soundcraft LX7. I know you have the LX7 ver 2.0. I want to know what your comment on this board. I also have a Mackie 1642 VLZ Pro in which I hate the Mic Pre-amp and espeacially the EQ.

Kevin

Back