Help Needed!

Rick Shepherd

I have a problem that I need help on. I have a Lexicon MPX-550 that I want to use to add effects to my recordings, but I want to add the effects last, after the recording is completed. I will describe my signal chain and connection options, and then maybe someone can guide me in setting this up.

My signal chain is as follows:

Avalon AD2022 preamp channel 1 & 2 XLR outputs to analog L/R inputs of the UA2192 AD/DA converter.
The signal from the UA2192 SPDIF output goes into the SPDIF input of my E-MU 1212m sound card in my PC.

My sound card has the following available ports to work with:
L/R 1/4 inch balanced inputs
SPDIF output

My Lexicon has SPDIF input and output as well as XLR and 1/4 inch ins and outs

My UA2192 has analog outs L/R and SPDIF input ports available

I already tried connecting the MPX-550 to the sound card L/R inputs and SPDIF out to try to Send/Return the signal, but the problem is, I have two more hurdles to get through.

One hurdle is the Patchmix software for the E-MU sound card, then Sonar Producer. I somehow have to get both of these software to work together with the hardware to simply put analog hardware effects into my mix. After getting the connections made, I still need help getting my software to work with all this. This whole thing is totally daunting to me. Help!

Back