Help Needed: Yamaha DD35 Drum Pads

P120Dude

Hello,

I would like to know some opinions on the Yamaha DD35 Electronic Drum Pads. I am looking at them for a Christmas present for someone, and would just like to get some opinions on it.

This would be for someone who just wants to start out, and learn a little before we get into the bigger, more expensive equipment.

Thanks,
P120Dude

Last edited:
DD35 is basically a toy... at least get the bigger model DD55 that comes with hihat and kick pedal...

I have a DD50(older version) in the studio used for practise and jamming purpose... not too bad for the price....

I made this decision last year --- I jumped up a little more in price and got the Roland SPD-S ($500 vs the Yamaha's $275).

Great built-in sounds and you can put in a compactflash card loaded with .wav samples (not just drum hits but loops, phrases or entire songs!) from the internet or your own recordings. You can also sample directly into it with a mic. And you can add 2 pedals or pads to it's already 9 built-in triggers.

Much better unit and worth the extra cost.

I've got the DD55. It's quite good. You can learn the basics on it - Kick drum, snare, hi-hat. The hi-hat pad is in the wrong place though. So I bought a real hi-hat stand and hats. Trouble is I enjoy playing it so much, now I want a real kit.

Back