Help! Need recommendation for NYC repair

Cuzme

Hey y'all,
As some of you may know I started on saxophone though I am currently getting more work on bass, and in the short time I've played bass I've never had to repair it - in the states at least, for I did have it repaired by Simon Pendergrass when I was in Hong Kong a few years back - but I don't know anyone locally yet. I know I could go to any store, but does anyone have any recommendations or contacts? My nut broke ( :p disgusting) and my g string ( :p ) is just flopping about, up where that piece of nut used to be. The piece is lost, so I need the whole nut replaced ( :eek: ) but at the same time I'd like to get a whole setup, especially with my tuning problems resulting from my foam under the strings at the bridge setup.
I have been told to check out Manny Salvador, but I don't know how to find him or reach him. Google is turning out nothing except an article on "cool jobs to have" or something like that. Anyhow, I want the best work done possible and there are several things that need attention so any recommendations within the tri-state area would be great. Thanks in advance. Much love,
Cuzme

Back