help my add to my medley (i can't spell)

minofifa

Hey folks

We play this little medley(sp) of songs with the chord progression G-D-Am-C, or in other words: I-V-II-IV. It is fun to play, as the rhythm stays almost the same but the songs change. So far the songs we play are:

-circles - soul caughing
-you can call me Al - Paul Simon
-closing time - Semisonic

I'm wondering if you guys know of other songs with this chord progression that i coudl add to my medley. thanks a bunch.

Can't help with your medley, but in college I figured out that Edie Brickel's Circle (great song!) had the same chords as Counting Crows' "Rain King" (D, A/C#, Bm7, A). I was in a duo with a female vocalist (I played acoustic guitar) and for the last verse of RK, she started singing the first verse to Circle while I continued with RK. It sounded really cool!
Just some food for thought on this rainy Monday morning.

gordone said:
Can't help with your medley, but in college I figured out that Edie Brickel's Circle (great song!) had the same chords as Counting Crows' "Rain King" (D, A/C#, Bm7, A). I was in a duo with a female vocalist (I played acoustic guitar) and for the last verse of RK, she started singing the first verse to Circle while I continued with RK. It sounded really cool!
Just some food for thought on this rainy Monday morning.

That's especially interesting because, although those two songs have the same chords, "Circle" is in the key of D and "Rain King" is in the key of A.

Can't help you with that progression, but I know there are a crap ton of songs that use G-Em-C-D (think Last Kiss). Oh, and a 12 bar blues is also popular, and you can put any song on top of it and it'll sound good. Yes, ANY song. I've experimented with several genres.

I took the "I can't spell" to represent the person's spelling as a whole, not just on the individual word "medley."

another one

allstar by smashmouth
as overplayed as it was, people love to sing along and it fits in that medley great
(people recognize it better than soul coughing - although i would take circles anyday)

cool, thanks smashmouth is in... keep thinking people...

on another note, i just noticed that i spelled me wrong.... MadAudio i'm stripping you of your spell-checking authorities, go find work elsewhere slacker.

Back