HELP ME!

MLS276

Hey,
i'm looking at the BOSS BR-8 recorder. it's REALLY REALLY CHEAP, and it looks nice. however, it records to ZIP drive, and doesn't look like it has any SSCI (or whatever)output. it does have an "optical output" and it looks like it has an analog RCA output to. anyway, how can i get my recordings from the BR-8 to my computer so I can burn CDs?

I nearly went to buy one

Hi there the zips in the BR8 are not supported by computer zip drive. the boss runs on it's own format which is silly I reckon. Ilooked into it and to get it on to CD you will need a stand alone burner or a soundcard with digital inputs. So I bought my souncard with digital inputs and I dicovered(I was new to the digital recording world at the time)that I could do all my recording on the computer.
It's harder to use than the boss but you can do more.
But the boss is a good little unit and if computer recording is not your cup of tea go for the standalone burner. but look into it carefully as I don't know much about stand-alones...If you go computer .heaps of ram and a fast hard drive 7200rpm :eek: good luck and ask every one here anything you think of. And do a search your answers may alredy be here

k thanks. i think i'll take the recording onto ur computer :) any CHEAP recomendations of software, card inputs, etc.?

Back