Help me write a guitar part for this song

Dr. Mindermast

Writing music has never been my strong point, but this song I'm doing now is being much more difficult than usual. I have a vocal melody, and I know that I want the guitar part to be mellow and a little jazzy. I just can't figure out chords that I'm happy with.

What I'd like to do is to send an isolated vocal track to whoever is interested (more than one whoever, if I get that many takers) and then you can send me whatever you figure out guitar-wise. Definitely write down what chords you used; up to you whether or not you want to record it too. Ideally I'm going to record the guitar myself once I'm happy with how it sounds, but I'm not opposed to collaborating on the final recording if you want to do that.

Anyone who's interested, give me your email address and I will send you the vocal track. Contact me here or at psychojosh13 [at] hotmail

Why don't you just make 10 posts then upload the vocal melody so people can hear it. That would give you more listens and possible help.

Contact me here or at psychojosh13 [at] hotmail

phsychojosh13....?

Yeah, I can just see your mailbox filling up to the brim! :D

Really...do the 10-post thing in the Newbie forum in the "Get your 10 post" thread....then post a link to the music.
People will want to hear your stuff before contacting you....I'm sure.

You need to do a better job with the melody if you want someone to add chords to it.
Maybe play the melody on guitar or piano....because the way you're "singing" it, it's more like spoken word, and very monotone.....so it's kinda hard to hear any specific melody to set chords to.

Back