Help me use 2 midi controllers...

luvdldy

OK... here is my dilemma:

I am trying to have 2 Midi Controllers. I have a keyboard and my MPC2000XL that I would like to control different synths. Sometimes I want to be able to use the MPC to play (record) drums, sometimes I want to be able to use my keyboard for pad, horn, synth sounds basically.

I don't want to have to change midi cables every time. I have a Midi Thru Box and I have a Terratec EWS88MT soundcard. I also have the Planet Phatt, Alesis D4, Orbit, ESI200, Nanobass, Dr 5, and some other synths.

How exactly would I set up my Midi Cables to do this. My keyboard has one out, one in and thru. The MPC has in/out A & in/out B. I believe the MPCs in/outs are totally independent.

HELP!!! PLZ.

Thanks in advance.

You didn't mention if PC involved here. But you did say you have Terratec EWS88MT. Do you want to route them to your PC? Or simply controller to synths connection?

If you want to route to PC, then basicaly your PC would need 2 independent MIDI input port (one for keyboard and the other for MPC). EWS88MT only offers 1 MIDI In and 1 MIDI Out.

But if you connect controllers to synths (which means you record synths to EWS88MT as audio), then devide 'em into two groups. One for drum/percussion work (MPC to D4), and the rest for keys/pad work (keybard to Thru box, thru box out to Phatt, Orbit, etc). What thru box do you use anyway? How many In/Out it has?

;)
Jaymz

Back