help me spend 8-10 grand as wisely as possible!

My latest thoughts;

I kind of want to spend less than 4 grand on the mixer, but hopefully not lose much quality. Any suggestions? I figure if I spent less on the mixing desk, and more on mics, it might be better for my situation. Any input on that?

Why a RE-20 and an SM7? Kinda redundant, unless you have a HUGE mic collection.

to the top!

i got to "play with" a royer r-121 the other day, i got the EXACT metal guitar tone i wanted. so now i have some serious lust for one of those bad boys! haha.

lets talk about the room/s. i still am not sure which house i'm going to get, i've looked at several, and i still have til march before my lease is up here at my apartment.

what should i look for? there are very few basements in austin, but if i found one i'd be very very stoked.

how big would a room have to be for me to be able to divide it, treat it acoustically, and have a tracking/live room with a window to the control room? if that's not going to be possible, what should i do?

i'm pretty set on the gear i'll be buying at first, so now it's time to figure out how i'm going to get everything set up in the house.

so yeah, just trying to see what specs i should look for in the house. thanks again guys.

Back