Help me spend $200!

Wk2000

Because I have been very good, someone gave me a $200.00 gift certificate to the local Mars. So I want some help trying on what to spend it on.

Here's what I got -

Mics - AT 4033, MXL-V67

Mixer - Mackie 1604

Monitor -Mackie HR-824

Headphones - Sony MDR-7506

J-station, Tech-21 Trademark 10 studio amp w/ direct out

Zoom RT-323

Yamaha s-80 w/ XG plug in board

Delta 1010

Sonar 1.3 XL

I am thinking about getting a Joemeek MQ3, although I'm pretty happy with the preamps on the mackie board. Anybody else have a suggestion?

I agree with Mr. Q. When you run into that problem of not being able to get the right sound with any other mic, you'll almost always be able to get it with a 57 or 58.

Oooh I just had an idea. Spend an extra 100 bucks and get a Sennheiser 421mkII. That is a nice mic for lots of stuff. Everything from bass drum to voice overs. Thats it. I decided it for you!!

Beezoboy

Great ideas -

I must confess, my wife read over my shoulder, and she suggested "singing lessons".

Singing Lessons?

Women are so cold...

Tex, The gift certificate is from Mars music - I don't think they sell the RNC, although I would really like to have one...

SM57

The Trademark 10 sounds great direct, but mic'ing it with the SM57 can give you even more tonal versatility. Also, like Beezoboy mentioned, it can prove to be very versatile when your other mic's aren't cutting the mustard.

do you have good cables?....if not, look into that.....its very important and often overlooked (by me).......

Back