help me please

applewormy

Here's what I need to get working together. By the way, I'm trying to play the sounds from my synthesizer on to the computer.

1. Acid Pro 4.0

2. Edirol DA-2496 (8 in/ 8 out Digital Audio Interface)

Here's the website:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/details.asp?catid=16&subcatid=77&prodid=DA-2496

By the way, this didn't come with very good instructions

3. Yamaha EX5 Synthesizer/keyboard

Situtuation

Today, I bought 2 MIDI cables and connected them. 1 MIDI cable went from the "out" of my keyboard to the "in" of my DA-2496. And vice-versa from the "in" of my keyboard to the "out" of my DA-2496.

So now, I have the 2 MIDI cables from the Yamaha EX5 keyboard connected to the DA-2496, and I have the DA-2496 connected to my computer through a PCI Slot. I installed the drivers and everything I needed to. I have an Edirol icon in my control panel so I know I installed the drivers correctly.....now the problem is, I don't know how to setup the controls to start composing some music.

So here's the MIDI setup on my Keyboard:

Global Recv Ch = omn
MIDI Trns Ch = Ch 1
MIDI - A Echo Back = off
Receive GM On = enable
Receive Pgm Chng = ignore bank select
Device No = 1
TrnsMIDI A = on
TrnsMIDI B = off
Local = off

I'm not sure if this set up is correct with my computer sequencer(ACID Pro 4.0)

How would I configure it in ACID?

When I try to change things around in my ACID, I would click on the "Play" button or the "Record" button and my computer would freeze.....

And another thing. I don't know what to do with the MIDI Timecode and stuff.....

Hey guys,
I tried to help this guy Dave here...but my knowledge is lacking...

Somebody must know what to do.....

come on now.....
I talked this crew up to this lad so please....lend a helping hand...

Joe

thanks for trying to help :)

I'm very pissed off and frustrated with this machine......every program I tried using with this would freeze up my computer including Sonar 2.0, Acid Pro 4.0, and Calkwalk.....

I've tried working this out in FruityLoops and the midi seems to be working but not properly....there's a major delay....

So you guys think it might be a capatability issue? The Edirol support website hasn't even updated their drivers in over a year.....

thanks again joro for at least posting....I thought no one even looked at this post......

applewormy said:
Situtuation

Today, I bought 2 MIDI cables and connected them. 1 MIDI cable went from the "out" of my keyboard to the "in" of my DA-2496. And vice-versa from the "in" of my keyboard to the "out" of my DA-2496.

So now, I have the 2 MIDI cables from the Yamaha EX5 keyboard connected to the DA-2496, and I have the DA-2496 connected to my computer through a PCI Slot. I installed the drivers and everything I needed to. I have an Edirol icon in my control panel so I know I installed the drivers correctly.....now the problem is, I don't know how to setup the controls to start composing some music.

So here's the MIDI setup on my Keyboard:

Global Recv Ch = omn
MIDI Trns Ch = Ch 1
MIDI - A Echo Back = off
Receive GM On = enable
Receive Pgm Chng = ignore bank select
Device No = 1
TrnsMIDI A = on
TrnsMIDI B = off
Local = off

When I try to change things around in my ACID, I would click on the "Play" button or the "Record" button and my computer would freeze.....

And another thing. I don't know what to do with the MIDI Timecode and stuff.....

The Edirol icon in the Control Panel only referrs to Audio. Have you looked under sounds and multimedia to make sure you have the MIDI set to the Edirol? as it was listed in the instruction manual.

I can't help you with the configuration in Acid (cause I use Sonar), but I haven't had any problems with the Edirol. Have you tried unplugging the MIDI cable from the out of the Edirol to your synth to make sure it isn't recieving a singnal back.. It might be creating a loop.

If you are recording straight MIDI and don't have multiple devices synced (ie a Drum machine with a programmed loop and a synth with say a string part programmed), you won't need to worry about the time Sync.

Porter

Yes, I have the MIDI set to Edirol...

I actually haven't tried unplugging the cable...I'll try that....but I don't think that would cause my computer to freeze up....

I'm trying to play my keyboard sounds directly into my computer....so do I need to worry about sync?

If you are just trying to record one track at a time, you won't need to worry about sync... just play to the temp ;-)

Porter

ok thanks

Well I got an email from the technical support from Edirol and they told me to choose ASIO driver which I did....

My computer still freezes.....maybe I should just return it and get another one.....

It does relate to audio...

Well the drivers for this hardware are only for audio...because this is an audio interface as well as MIDI...I don't know...lol

The Edirol control panel is only used for Audio...

Firstly, when you record MIDI data, is any data appearing in the applications?

Secondly, what are you using to play it back?

Porter

The thing is, I can't even configure anything in any of my programs including Sonar 2.0, Cakewalk, and Acid Pro without getting my computer frozen....

Back