help me please with this corner treatment

sk0m

so this is a"corner of my room and i want to sound treat it in order to record vocals acoustivs and amps what do you recomend??i could also use some wood to close it in order to have a "3wall" construction !!!
005.jpg

The closet can also be treated!!! so that the the "3wall" construction will be like this(closet ,back wall ,and a wood construction parallel to the closet )

Look man.
Get a big cardboard box. Put it on your head. Sing.
If you had to describe how it sounds, you'd probably say "boxy," right?
You box in your recording space, everything you record will sound like it was recorded in a box.
If you wanna treat that corner, build a bass trap with some Owens Corning compressed fiberglass insulation and a frame made from 1X4's. Put it in the corner. Then record out in the room.

You already got advice that you don't want to be singing in a corner in another thread.

I know how it is to work with crappy spaces. To be honest. I got better results in a corner by being in the corner but not facing the corner... facing the rest of the room and using
auralex_acoustic_aural_xpanders_1_s7975.jpg

I also had some owens corning 703 4" bass traps in the room. With some EQing, compressing, etc. I got some pretty good sounding vocals.

But recording facing the corner sucks.

Look man.
Get a big cardboard box. Put it on your head. Sing.
If you had to describe how it sounds, you'd probably say "boxy," right?
You box in your recording space, everything you record will sound like it was recorded in a box.
If you wanna treat that corner, build a bass trap with some Owens Corning compressed fiberglass insulation and a frame made from 1X4's. Put it in the corner. Then record out in the room.

That was a great explanation.

Frank

Back