help me pick an interface =)

tylerxxx

before i even got to use my delta 1010 and dmp3, they got stolen.

now i'm throwing my yamaha aw16g on ebay, and going for a computer set up. i'll have roughly 5-600 dollars, maybe more if necessary.

i don't really NEED more than 2 inputs/pre's, for NOW, but i'd like to maybe go ahead and get stuff that will be good for the future, ya know?

any advice? should i go with the delta and dmp3 again? should i go for something else?

thanks in advance.

tylerxxx said:
before i even got to use my delta 1010 and dmp3, they got stolen.

now i'm throwing my yamaha aw16g on ebay, and going for a computer set up. i'll have roughly 5-600 dollars, maybe more if necessary.

i don't really NEED more than 2 inputs/pre's, for NOW, but i'd like to maybe go ahead and get stuff that will be good for the future, ya know?

any advice? should i go with the delta and dmp3 again? should i go for something else?

thanks in advance.

I know you said you only needed 2 pre`s but, the Firepod goes for that pricerange.
I have had one for a year now, worked flawlesly.
I`ve also seen and read much praise about it.
A good bang for the buck.

If you only want 2 channels, the Lexicon omega looks nice, as does the focusrite saffire.

I chose the firepod, for its flexibility, I use it most for a couple of tracks, but it gives me the choice to record with many tracks when I need it.

just my 2 kroner :)

yes it has 8 mic pre's. as far as how they sound I've never heard it. BTW how did your stuff get stolen? like someone broke in your house?

yeah, we were in the process of moving, to a city 3 hours away... the town we moved from was a smaller town, and everyone knew who i was and that i was moving... so i guess i had some enemies.

broke in through a window, stole my 5150 II and mesa cab, brand new mics and delta, esp ltd mh-301 guitar, PA stuff... no jewelry or tvs or anything... so i'm guessing it was just someone i had beef with.

ruined my life, basically. :(

tylerxxx said:
yeah, we were in the process of moving, to a city 3 hours away... the town we moved from was a smaller town, and everyone knew who i was and that i was moving... so i guess i had some enemies.

broke in through a window, stole my 5150 II and mesa cab, brand new mics and delta, esp ltd mh-301 guitar, PA stuff... no jewelry or tvs or anything... so i'm guessing it was just someone i had beef with.

ruined my life, basically. :(

wow that sucks. Some people are just born to be evil. :mad:

How much can "more" be if necessary? Step up to $1k or $1.5k and you can get a step up. Noteably, the RME stuff.

IMO, Id stick with the DMP3 and Delta. Both are solid products. Im currently using AT4040, PT6.7LE, DMP3, Delta44 and AP 24/96. All solid sound.

Back