help me in a hard decision...

helyfede

I'm changing monitors for mixing and mastering in my home studio:
which do you choose between:
Mackie HR624 OR GENELEC 1029A

???

:D Yo Helyfedora:}

Well, monitors, monitors everywhere and not a scotch on the rocks can be had. [I made that up and have no idea what it means.}

But, you have named two brand names of monitors and many will say "yes-good" or "no-no good." You really need to travel to a major vendor's store and give your ears a chance to test the monitors, especially if you move into the higher priced models.

I used Yorkville passives for about two years and recently plugged in KRK ST8 passives -- I like the KRKs as they sound richer and clearer than the Yorks--however, I did like the Yorks. The KRKs actually were less money than the Yorks. Technology rules.

But, search around and research all around and you'll find what you need for your studio.

Green Hornet :cool: :D :p :D

competing interests...

just a thought... for mixing, you're going to want pretty neutral monitors (which the 624's will do) you may be unhappy with the utter lack of bass, and need to get a sub for them... don't know about the genelecs first hand...

For mastering though, what you want is something much more akin to audiophile type speakers, with full range response (think those sexy tower monitors in crutchfield all the time) since what you do here will be what the faithful consumer ends up hearing.

hope this helps.

Good luck on your quest

rich

Back