Help me get rid of this noise from the computer monitors....

hey i mostly record on my roland workstation but i have a computer that i mix on too with fruity loops and what not, but anyways, i have both the roland recorder and the computer goin into a multi-input stereo receiver and everything sounds good when i'm listening to my stuff on the roland, but when i switch over to the computer, it works, but there's this really annoying noise in the back ground, that kinda sounds like phone static (when a cell phone is about to ring ya know what i'm talkin about) but it only gets loud when i move the mouse or something so i know it's coming from the computer and some how the wires must be messin with each other or something.

but anyways this is how i got it run:

Line out (from computer, only output on there), into a rca adapter, into the receiver.

can anyone help me out with this? thanks.

i had that problem also. i was told to try a few things. they didnt work for me but might for you.
1. try shifting you audio card or firewire card away from the graphics card as much as possible. (furthest away PCI slot)
2. try a non-optical mouse if you are using one

for me, i replaced my monitors with ones which have a volume dial. my old ones had no control and therefore were blasting out whatever went into them at full wack. Having the volume down before it got there didnt help, didnt help which gives the impression it is interference from the graphics card.

Hope this helped.

yeah maybe i could tryin a difurent mouse cause it only makes a loud noise when i move the mouse. whould anyone happen to know how other studios monitor from their computer? like just a basic computer. no high-tech stuff

Back