Help me for mixing please

ben HP

hi everyone...
i have a problem.......
i wanna improvise on backing track with my electric guitar or keyboard ...
but problem is backing track have really high volume quality and i have to increase vsti volume too and if i increase i get really bad sound clipping.....
i can reduce backing track volume alotand problem will solve but in export it doesnt have high volume quality like before ..........
so friends what have to do ?????

help me please

Not to sound mean, but you need to get to basics on mixing. Your volume will come when you do final mix. Get all of your mix level correct first (where you want levels of each instrument). If you want it louder, turn it up in your head phones. Once you have the mix levels right, you will push up the volume of the mix later.

Go read some information on tracking and mixing. Worry about volume of the song later. First goal is to track and get all of your track levels sound correct.

hi everyone...
i have a problem.......
i wanna improvise on backing track with my electric guitar or keyboard ...
but problem is backing track have really high volume quality and i have to increase vsti volume too and if i increase i get really bad sound clipping.....
i can reduce backing track volume alotand problem will solve but in export it doesnt have high volume quality like before ..........
so friends what have to do ?????

help me please

When you mix you don't care about volume.

Bring down the faders , mix them, make them sound good.
When done, you'll give loudness on the master track by adding a maximizer.

But mixing is not about loudness, it's about... blending instruments together

Irony is not just a river in Egypt. No wait, that's not it.....

Last edited:
When done, you'll give loudness on the master track by adding a maximizer.
:laughings:

Paschalis A few days ago..... said:
Many newcomers to recording (not implying you're a newcomer just mentioning it in general) think that slamming a maximizer on the master channel would get them the same volume as the commercial volume.When they do that they realize that the maximizer is starting to work so hard and destroy the mix........blah blah blah......

I'm dying laughing. Pure comedy. :laughings:

Nobody uses maximizers, that's why they're included in every DAW...use a 1/3 octave, 31 band compressor instead! :laughings:
Seriously, the loudness wars are trying to die out. It's not happening quite yet, but you really don't HAVE to be loud to be good.
There are studios and techs out there that can make that sound with their $1M set of kit, but don't look to hard to pull that off in your $2k studio...

Back