Help me find a Card!

MONTE

I know similar questions have probably been asked several times on this BBS, but I'm posting again because technology changes ever so quickly and there may be newer/better devices available today.

I'm looking for a sound card that has at least 16 analog inputs, SPDIF I/O, MIDI, and at least 8 outputs. It can break out into multiple rack mount units if necessary, but can use only 1 PCI slot. If ANYBODY has ideas, please let me know. By the way, money is not an object...I've purchased lots of things I can't afford. VISA cards are wonderful things.

I second that MOTU 2408 opinion. It's probably got the most expandable I/O options.

I was kinda checkin' out the MOTU stuff. From what I read, you can add rack modules (I/O) without additional PCI cards. Is that correct? Also how do their converters sound. I'll dig around some
more myself too. Thank you all for your input.

Anybody using a MOTU with Windows 2000? I've got a dual processor MB so I gotta have 2000. The MOTU web site isn't very clear on if their drivers work or not. The literature says Win9x, but then there's stuff in their faq's that lead me to believe Win 2000 works. I had to wait 8 months for drivers for my Echo card(s) and I'm not going to go through that BS again!

Back