Help Me Buy a Mic!!

Adamizer9

Hey everyone, thank you for checking out my post. I want to invest in a new microphone. I have limited down to a few microphones, and I want your opinion on them. I am not that savvy with microphones. That is where all of you come in.

My Requirements:
1)Needs to be USB (Don't want to buy additional equipment)
2)Needs to be Cardioid
3)When I use I will have a mechanical keyboard being used behind the microphone and a PC on a few feet away. So I want the one that will only pick up my voice, and the least amount of background noise. (I plan on putting it in front of my keyboard, and that is why I want it Cardioid.)
4)Not required but helpful that it comes with a mini stand or tripod.

So the microphones I have narrowed down to is:
-Audio Technica AT2020
-Blue Yeti (Regular not Pro)
-Sterling ST51(Not sure if this one is USB, I couldn't find it.)
-Samson CO3U
-MXL 990(Pretty sure this is USB)

So like I said I want one that will pick up the least amount of background/clicky noises. If anyone knows a lot and/or has personal experience with these microphones, I would really appreciate your help. Thanks so much :D (I am horrible with microphone specs and all that stuff so try to explain as simple as possible)

So basically I want a dynamic mic instead of condensor because usually condensor microphones pick up a lot of noise? That is what I took away from that thread. I also looked up the suggested ATR2100 and it is even cheaper than the other I mentioned. I will look more into this one.

Back