help installing audiophile 2496

kaliyuga

I have just got an audiophile 2496 soundcard but have trouble insstalling it
I took my old soundcard out and put the audiophile into the same slot, then when it was detected I tried to load the drivers from the cd but got the message "an error occurred during the installation of this device, the data is invalid". I then downloaded the newest drivers for it from the M-audio site, which I installed but get the same message when I try to add the new hardware. :confused:I have removed it and put it back in again, no different what should I try next?

kaliyuga said:
I have just got an audiophile 2496 soundcard but have trouble insstalling it
I took my old soundcard out and put the audiophile into the same slot, then when it was detected I tried to load the drivers from the cd but got the message "an error occurred during the installation of this device, the data is invalid". I then downloaded the newest drivers for it from the M-audio site, which I installed but get the same message when I try to add the new hardware. :confused:I have removed it and put it back in again, no different what should I try next?

Did you uninstall the other card before you yanked it out? Don't know that it matters, but maybe the old soundcard drivers are doing something to muck up the works?

That's a good question and a good place to start...

Go to your start>control panel>system>hardware, then see if your old card is still "hooked up". If so-uninstall it, restart the comeputer, and try loading the MAudio driver again.

VI

Back