Help! I can't open an arrangement. It says Type 3 Error!

framos

Hello Cubasers:

I'm having trouble opening an arrangement a majority of the time, although at times I was able to open it in the past. I know I should have saved it on a CD but I thought it was a temporary thing -- it has become a permenant problem.
I'm new to home recording and Cubase. I have Cubase VST 32 v.5 running on a G4 Mac with two 80 hard drives.
My Apple System Profiler says that I'm using 21 percent of my 1st drive which is the drive that I use for Cubase. I have 512 MB of built in memory and the machine speed is 800 MHz.
My Cubase information box says the suggested size is 60831 k, with the minimume size at 60831 k. I have the preferred size at 18249 k which is what my Mac Doctor said it should be. (It's a Sunday night and I can't find him. Besides, he charges an arm and a leg).
Each time I try to open the arrangement in my folder a majority of the time I get a message box that says, "The application 'Cubase VST 32/v.5' has unexpectedly quit, because a Type 3 error has occured. You should save your work in other open applications and restart your computer." (Sometimes the message box has said that a "Type 1" or "Type 2" error has occured).
I should have enough memory to open the arrangement, right? When I saved the song it had several tracks, and effects open. How can I solve this problem?
Please help. I would hate to have to rebuild the entire song again. I will be looking forward to your response(s)

framos

Back