Help getting started

RichyRich

i installed presonus
I installed Cubase... i've registered and activated Cubase, etc

When I get to page 12 in the manual (@#9) its says to turn up the gain control knob of the front panel... I don't see the input meter reacting when just plugging in guitar in slot 1. I don't have monitors but I have headphones plugged in the front of the unit.. I followed the operation direction up to 9, but again, no sound and the input meter does not react. What am I doing wrong.

Also when I open up presonus, the window is oversized and wont resize... and the right side seems like some stuff is cut off. ???

What input meter are you looking at? Cubase, presonus control panel?
Are you strumming the guitar, volume is up?

F.S.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark. Before I go to bed. If you are looking in cubase for the signal you must select your input for the channel you want to record in. You should be able to select something like presonus 1. If that is not there to select go to the options or maybe tools button at the top of the screen and look for audio settings. You may have to set cubase to use the presonus as the default sound card. While you are at it disable the use of your stock sound card by cubase. I personally totally disable my stock sound card & run everything threw my recording sound card.
The recording meters on some recording programs won't show input unled the track is armed to record. Like I said though, you have to have the right input selected.

You may have to reset the screen resolution on your computer screen to see all of the presonus contol panel. To do that just right click in the middle of the computer screen with no program up and go to propertys. I would try 1024 x 768 resolution. It is strange that you can't scroll the to view the hidden parts of the control panel.

Don't give up. You'll get it figured out.

F.S.

Back