help - digital glitch when stopping playback

I recently tried routing my mixes through different outs (3 & 4) on my soundacrd (Wami Rack 24). When I do this, I get an audible 'glitch' every time I stop playback. It's a split second digital 'honk' like playback is skidding to a halt (a friend of mine referred to it as a Linkin Park type glitch or stutter)

Anyway, I have no idea what's causing it or how to fix it. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I don't think its a resource issue since I'm running a P4 3.0 GHz with 2GB RAM. Also, I'm using Sonar 4 if that's relevant... Please help. Thanks in advance!

J

In Sonar audio options, are your WamiRack channels selected as playback and record timing masters? If Sonar were trying to use something else for timing, that may explain the problem.

Thanks for the reply, Jim Y! I have channels 1 & 2 as my playback and record timing masters (you mean under the "Audio Options" menu or around there, right?). Do I need to change those settings in the 'Audio' menu to 3 & 4 when I change the Master track output in the track view? Let me know... Thanks!

In case anyone else has this problem, the issue is apparently with the drivers. I switched from WDM to ASIO and the glitch is gone. Just an FYI...

Back