Help! Buying at Ebay from Argentina

Tonato17

Hello everybody. I have the following problem and i don't know what to do:
I am from Bs As, Argentina, but I have a friend right now in Miami, and he will be there until the first days of march . I want that he buy me a used mic (AKG C414B ULS) a pre (m audio dmp3) and a sound card (m audio delta 44). I thought the best way to buy the used mic is via ebay, but first I must know some things.....
1) Can i buy the mic and the other stuff with my credit card from here, and the seller sends it to my friend in miami?
2) How many time would it be from the time i buy it until he sends it to miami? (remember he is there only a few weeks)
3) Finally, is it safe to do this? i mean is 'safe' to buy via ebay, specially if you pay it from a credit card from Argentina, and they send it to miami?
I never buy or sell nothing via ebay and i don't know how it works....please help me! =)

I hope for your answers, thanks a lot from now.
Regards....
Toni

I've done this before from a selling standpoint. I don't ship outside the country, so somebody from the U.K. asked if he could pay and have me send the items to a U.S. address. I had no problem doing this, but here's what you need to keep in mind. There are a lot of sellers out there who don't feel the need to ship items in a timely manner, so you might get screwed if you have such a small time window with your buddy in Miami. Also, there are quite a few sellers out there who have gotten burned by scams from people trying to do this and will only ship to verified addresses, due to people claiming that they never received their items. Make sure to ask the seller first. Or just send him an email asking if he would consider shipping to Argentina.

I would not buy anything online due to the time limit. it would be best if you go to a store in miami and buy them. i dont think it is safe to buy things online and send them to miami if you are in argentina and i also dont think a websites would let you do it.

If your friend does some shopping around there's a ton of good deals in downtown Miami/Ft. Lauderdale for quality pro audio stuff...even check some of the big pawn shops...I've found Rode mics (a mint NTK for under $275.US) and lots of sweet deals, but you'll have to get your friend some cash to buy with (in Miami, cash "talks" when it comes to the best deals!)...speaking Spanish will also help...he needs a Yellow Pages, a car and cash...believe me, the deals are there...I live and work with musicians here in S.FL, and between Miami & Ft.Lauderdale, there's a lot of music stores, pawn shops and electronics stores...Good Luck!

kidvybes said:
If your friend does some shopping around there's a ton of good deals in downtown Miami/Ft. Lauderdale for quality pro audio stuff...even check some of the big pawn shops...I've found Rode mics (a mint NTK for under $275.US) and lots of sweet deals, but you'll have to get your friend some cash to buy with (in Miami, cash "talks" when it comes to the best deals!)...speaking Spanish will also help...he needs a Yellow Pages, a car and cash...believe me, the deals are there...I live and work with musicians here in S.FL, and between Miami & Ft.Lauderdale, there's a lot of music stores, pawn shops and electronics stores...Good Luck!

Hi, thanks a lot for all your answers.... I believe that the best way to buy the gear is what you say. I would be very difficult buying them via ebay.
But as i am here in Argentina, and i don't want to ennoy my friend that is not a musician, i would like to know some places that he could go o buy the things i want, so i tell him and he don't have to go to one place to another.
As I sayd, i want to buy the AKG C414B uls used, Where can hefind it? how much may he pay it??? and please, where can he buy the m audio dmp3 and the delta 44 sound card?? (i call SamAsh but they don't have the dmp3 in stock and don't sell used...)
Hope for all your answers, that are REALLY hellpfull to my desicions....THANKS
Toni

Back