Hello, I'm the new guy!

Tweakberry

Hi Tweakberry here!

Been a lurker for about a year now and have learned quite a bit from stopping by on a daily basis, sometimes several times a day actually!, and reading the various posts, thanks for all the great info it really has helped me along with understanding on what i need to know to get started with my home studio

My toys (aka the stuff my wife was good enough to let me have):

- SONAR X1 Producer & SONAR X1 Power by Scott Garrigus (great book Mr. Digifreq!)
- Amplitube 3 & Amplitube Fender amp sims
- Nexus 2 soft synth
- Digitech 2120 Artist Guitar preamp/effects processor & RPEdit patch editor (hats off to Mr. Bruce James!)
- Presonus BlueTube DP
- M-Audio 1010LT PCI audio interface
- M-Audio Axiom 25 & Axiom 61 MIDI Controllers
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
- HP DC5800 DAW, Dual Core 2.33GHz, 4 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5500, 80GB system drive, 320GB data/samples drive, optimized for audio
- 23" Primary display, 19" secondary display
- American Deluxe Strat with EMG DG20 active pickups & EXG Guitar Expander & SPC Presence Control (my main guitar named Pearl)
- Squier Strat Standard, hardtailed, stock pickups
- Squier Bass Standard stock pickups
- Telecaster, setup for slide, stock pickups
- Seagull Entourage Rustic CW Acoustic
- Official 'Fixx' egg-shaker
- Sandstone beer coaster, located safely away from all electronic devices (i learned the hard way!)

A little bit about me:

- I am a middle-aged ex-drug addict of 30+ years who finally got his shit together, i should have been making music a long time ago but it never happened like it could have because of the drugs, i've been in a state of renewal since getting clean Fall 2010
- I've been gifted with creativity, with a little help from this site im sure i can reach my potential as an artist, and i am sure i will have many questions when i finally start writing and recording
- Along with being drug-free, i now watch what i eat and go to the gym with my wife 5 days a week, i can honestly say i have not felt this good since i was in 6th grade
- I like Saranac beers, Black Forest is my favorite
- Favorite bands/artists include vintage Aerosmith (pre-1981), The Fixx, Boz Scaggs, and America
- Favorite guitarist is Jamie West-Oram
- I owe everything to God, my wife, my mother, and a couple good freinds, and if i can write a couple good songs for them then i have done something special, and if i go any further it will be a nice bonus

Anyway thanks for all the great info over the last year or so, i would undoubtedly wasted money and time without this sites experts giving great advice!

Cheers,
Tweakberry

ps... i do have a question in the Guitar forum if anyone is familiar with the Digitech 2120 Artist, thanks again!

Last edited:
Congratulations on being drug free, that's a major accomplishment, and you should be very proud.

Looking forward to hearing your music, I'm also a fan of Boz Scaggs, and America.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards,

Welcome aboard Tweak. Looks like you got a good start in equipment. Have you met Dave?

Congratulations on being drug free, that's a major accomplishment, and you should be very proud.

Looking forward to hearing your music, I'm also a fan of Boz Scaggs, and America.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards,

cool, thanks! :)

Welcome aboard Tweak. Looks like you got a good start in equipment. Have you met Dave?

No i havent, and i think ya'all scared him off, but... i did meet Joe Perry once, here's a true story:

THE STATE OF JOE PERRY'S ASS 1982

It was a dark and stormy night back in 1982, and Joe had an ugly ass back then

I didnt touch it, didnt want to, and I didnt see it for long either, but I saw it .. plain as day, and it was all white and hairy and scrawny

It was back in the days when Joe was a junky, he was doin' the Joe Perry Project thing and he was in town, he was playin at a place that used to be up the road from here called Colemans Rodeo, ya thats right .. a rodeo right here in Central New York, but thats the way it was here in 1982 because everyone was so damned bull-ride crazy back then, anyway...

I met Joe when he came in, he was in a hurry .. he looked short and anemic, and he kinda seemed like he really had something on his noggin' besides talking to some hick like me.

But I met Joe Perry .... wow

So the owners son and I were hanging around the place, waiting and thinking maybe we'll get ta see Joe some more before sound check, I remember eventually we needed a place to smoke some weed, so we went us upstairs, and so we go .. and then down the hall .. and then we open a door .. and then we walk in .. and....

.... theres JP's ass, getting busy with some gal named Starr, Joe obviously didnt know her rep, but then again, in his state that moment, he probably wouldnt have cared because he had his drug-kit laying right there on the table, and that stuff was scary looking

.. to this day I still wonder if he even knew we were standing there .. either way I'll never forget the night I say Joe Perrys ass, along with a glimpse of his nutsack swinging

ya Joe is my man, but Joe was not at his best that night, or that year, or two, but I give the guy credit, JP had it all, and lost it, and then got it all back again in spades, but it was not easy, renewal is the word and i can relate to that, and I have nothing but respect for JP

and we lived happily ever after, good night and thank you for listening :cool:

I was prepared to dismiss you as just another pain in the arse wannabe newbie until I saw you had an agg shaker listed in your equipment... so you can't be all bad.... :laughings:

I've never been a drug addict, watch what I eat and go to the gym... and I feel like crap. What's the secret? Or is it a relative thang.... ;)

I was prepared to dismiss you as just another pain in the arse wannabe newbie until I saw you had an agg shaker listed in your equipment... so you can't be all bad.... :laughings:

I've never been a drug addict, watch what I eat and go to the gym... and I feel like crap. What's the secret? Or is it a relative thang.... ;)

it was actually a blood clot that got me going to the gym, thank God for collateral arteries!, no secret here, when youve been a f*ck up for as long as i have any recovery feels good i suppose, if youre the wholesome and happy kinda guy youre crappy feeling may be my slight nirvana, relatively speaking that is

Back