Hello, I got a mk 149, how can I connect the other midi cable since the keyboard has only midi out? My midi cable is two connectors midi in and out.

Johnsax777

Hello, I got a mk 149, how can I connect the other midi cable since the keyboard has only midi out? My midi cable is two connectors midi in and out.

Oddly, MIDI-IN is probably not required for the MK-149 as it is the controller, which sends all your playing data to another device which offers voices for instrument sounds (DAW or other keyboard / rhythm machine with sounds). It does not really need to receive any of this data.

Here's some interesting background on the MK-149 : Interesting Background

Unfortunately, the More Info website shown at the bottom of that page is no longer connected with this product. Bummer..:spank:

Oddly, MIDI-IN is probably not required for the MK-149 as it is the controller, which sends all your playing data to another device which offers voices for instrument sounds (DAW or other keyboard / rhythm machine with sounds). It does not really need to receive any of this data.

Here's some interesting background on the MK-149 : Interesting Background

Unfortunately, the More Info website shown at the bottom of that page is no longer connected with this product. Bummer..:spank:
All right thanks a lot

My son had the cheaper Ekeys 49 and yes, only MIDI out since there is nothing inside to trigger! We used to power it from one PC and play say a piano but connect to a second PC via DIN and play another instrument alongside. M-A 2496 sound card.

The kbd came with some useful software including a sampler of some instruments that played with surprisingly low latency.

Dave.

Back