Hello All! Quick question.

the_grudge

Hows it goin, im new here, names nathan. Ive been recording for about 3 years now, mostly fun projects with friends, havnt recorded anything serious yet but i have recently come into some money, and im gonna start building a little home studio. Ive come a long way.( used to record everything with just a computer mic, and acid pro, you can guess how those recordings came out.)

Fairly simple question, i play both guitar and drums, so when making projects with friends i usually handle all guitar duties as well as drum duties, they were just for fun so i didnt ever look for that amazing of results. (i would usually just lay down drum tracks from memory, and lay guitar tracks after that). Ive never made a click track, and im curious as to how you all go about making "click tracks" for drum tempos, is there a program you use, or a drum machine, or just click out the tempo yourself?

Depends on what you're using for recording. I use Cubase SX, and the software has a built in click if you activate it. In case you need to know, a click is basically a metronome. If you're not using software I know you can use a metronome in it's place....one with a flashing light will do for noiseless.

Jacob

jkokura said:
Depends on what you're using for recording. I use Cubase SX, and the software has a built in click if you activate it. In case you need to know, a click is basically a metronome. If you're not using software I know you can use a metronome in it's place....one with a flashing light will do for noiseless.

Jacob

Thanks for info.

Back