Heavy Clean Slowish song test Vocal mixing

The vocals are fine, the drums aren't doing you any favours though. Actually the vocals are real good. I like the contrast between the heavy reverb and the dry crunch guitar. Cool melodies ..Good tune

The vocals are fine, the drums aren't doing you any favours though. Actually the vocals are real good. I like the contrast between the heavy reverb and the dry crunch guitar. Cool melodies ..Good tune

yeah a real drummer would help other than that theyll have to be programmed. Just keeping on pumping crap out till i get a good mix cheers man. Also have neuman tlm102 id probably use for vocals for the real deal

The vocal delivery isn't too bad. The vocal capture and processing aren't great tho. Your noise floor on the vox is super high.

On a lot of levels, this is a step back from your more recent mixes. Just... nothing is really sitting together nicely. The bass is noisy, like you've got it turned up too high and then gated wrong. The guitars are dark and muddy. The drums are lifeless and have no power.

The vocal delivery isn't too bad. The vocal capture and processing aren't great tho. Your noise floor on the vox is super high.

On a lot of levels, this is a step back from your more recent mixes. Just... nothing is really sitting together nicely. The bass is noisy, like you've got it turned up too high and then gated wrong. The guitars are dark and muddy. The drums are lifeless and have no power.

I agree totoally. The vox were a stage mic done on the fly. I have neuman tlm102 pop filter just needed it sung in a different room. Im not sure when it comes to guitar bass and drums. The guitar is the same patch bar the clean, drums are similar to normal and bass is always a crap shoot here. I process the heavy exactly the same maybe its in the mastering not sure but totally hearing you on this. Drums Ill reprogramme once tracked then itll be fresh strings for everything. I just want to get a heap of songs scratch tracked before putting the new strings on that way I can do them all in one go. Abother thing Im finding hard is getting the Octave guitars in the heavy chorus bits to stand out. Cheers man

Wakeupmix2 by Scott McGinley 1 | Free Listening on SoundCloud This one any better bar the vocal noise. Thanks for commenting man. Trying to programme the superior drummer loop but it affects the whole loop but ill suss it out

Bass seems to have lost that noisy rumble.

The ending is a little wierd. When that last guitar drops out, it seems like it's in the middle of nowhere.

Really tho, the thing I'd recommend addressing first is the vox.

Back