Heavier Song.

dreamache

Heavier Song (Re-edited version, after the first 3 posts in this thread)

There's some parts I need to fix like the beginning you can hear a buzz from the electric... the thing I'm most dissatisfied with is the toms, they're too dampened.

Used DKFH Superior with a TD6S Roland for the drums.

Last edited:
Cool song, but way boomy here. Whole mix is pretty loud. I think you boosted everything a bit too much. Try remixing it, and keep all the levels a bit lower.
I put the file in Audition, and eq'd some of the low end out, and dropped the whole mix by 5 db, and the srums sound much better. Cymbals seem to come through, and the kick is still punchy.
Good luck with it.
Ed

Dogman said:
Cool song, but way boomy here. Whole mix is pretty loud. I think you boosted everything a bit too much. Try remixing it, and keep all the levels a bit lower.
I put the file in Audition, and eq'd some of the low end out, and dropped the whole mix by 5 db, and the srums sound much better. Cymbals seem to come through, and the kick is still punchy.
Good luck with it.
Ed
you're right... thanks

Yeah I hear the noise and the mix is pretty loud....but other than that the song is well played and the drums are very nicely done. Good guitar tones and panning....Nice arrangement..... :D

I just re-edited it and I got it sounding a lot better, it's the same link on the first post of this thread.

thanks for the comments.

Still a bit heavy in the really low end, but a much better mix. I think you need to get some vocals in there also.... :D

I'm just listening to the new mix...
You should do a highpass on that lowend or something... there's still too much low end, the overall mix sounds good but it's rattling my speakers some. Maybe if you cut below 50 Hz that'd do the job, that usually works when I have too much low end.
Anyway, everything else sounds good... chunky crunchy guitars, very nice... and drums sound good... just work on that low end and you'll set IMO.
Peace

Back