heard of this mic?

Caotico

for all the right reasons
Hey, I got a free box of these mics. I have 15 or 20 of them and they were free. They're Lanier conference mics. They output to a mono 1/8 inch jack, and they have they have a 1/8 inch mono input, so you can chain them together. I've messed around with them a little bit, and they have an interesting sound. I've opened one of them up, but I don't have my camera with me. I'll post a picture of the insides when I get a chance. They have a metal grill with little rubber stoppers on the bottom so they don't slide on a table. I guess I'm just wondering if they would be worth messing with/modifying or if anybody has even heard of them. The model number is LX-008-0. I'm guessing they're dynamics.

Attachments

• IMG_5248-3.JPG
    IMG_5248-3.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 157
pictures of the insides

ok. here are some pictures of the insides of these mics. OK so I'm still kind of a noob on the insides of microphones. Can anybody tell me what type of microphone this is? I plugged the mono 1/8 in out into a stereo 1/8 to 1/4 jack to plug it into my interface. I did a little recording with it a while back. It had a colored sound, I thought, don't know quite how to describe it. But I wondered if I could do something with the insides of these to make them sound better or to make them easier to use (like to be able to put them on a mic stand). Or do they look too cheap to be worth the time? Thanks for any info/opinions.

edit:
whoops, forgot the pictures. I'll put those up when I get home.

Last edited:
put em on ebay at $40-50 a pair and see if they sell. if they do you could get a really nice mic with the $

Well with that plug, I don't think they could receive phantom power, and there's probably not a ribbon in there...... so dynamic or piezo ?

I'm gonna venture a guess that they are dynamic.

sorry about that. Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_8904.JPG
    IMG_8904.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_8905.JPG
    IMG_8905.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 68
Bump
Well with that plug, I don't think they could receive phantom power, and there's probably not a ribbon in there...... so dynamic or piezo ?

I'm gonna venture a guess that they are dynamic.

Sorry, I had forgotten to post the pictures of the inside of the microphone. Can anyone confirm if these are dynamics?

Back