heard of REX guitars?

willovercome

i've got an old guitar my grandpa bought used before WWII. it's got f holes and looks like an old gibson, except there's no finish and it's a blonde colored wood, the neck is a huge thick triangle, and on the head it says REX. it looks like woodburning. i know it's a cheapy because the bridge is screwed on. but, it sounds decent, and is in great shape (except for the crack i put in it), and the action is the best i've ever played.

my grandpa gave me the guitar about 10 years ago, and i never thought to ask him about it. he died 3 years ago, so i can't ask him now.

any ideas on where this came from, what it is, or where i could go to find out more info? i'll try to get a picture up.

thanks.

sorta, but not nearly as nice. rex has no finish. the body does look like that though. i guess there's not much help anyone can give without a picture.

i've always thought he was a reject from maybe the gibson factory. that was back in the day when they were in kalamazoo mich, and my grandpa lived in chicago, so i guess it's possible.

Back