Headphones within the price range of 100$

mjamed

Hi

I am looking for a headphones within the price range of 100$. I don't know what brand to get? any suggestions?

thanks in advace guys,

MMJ

The Sennheisers and Beyers would be my first choices, with the Sony third. But it also really depends on what you want to use them for.

I love the Sonys, although they don´t have much bass. Anyway, they´re really good to record vocals with.

Hi. I've heard decent things about Audio-Technica's studio line (I own the ATH-M30, and they sound good and neutral to me, although I have little reference with other headphones. Though they're not as comfortable as I'd like for extended wearing, which of course differs fom person to person) The ATH-M40 is in your price range, so you could check those out as an option.

Best regards
Kim

Chalk up another vote for the Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones. They are so crystal clear, that it's almost intimidating! The closed back style cans completely cover the ear and form a tight seal that shuts out the wolrd and immerses you into the music and your mix. I do Voice-Overs and these are perfect for identifying any imperfections in your voice. Grab a pair of these today dude! $99 at most stores....

I would say sennheisers. If you are tracking or mixing is a different deal though.

If you are tracking you would sealed headphones that maybe attenuate outside volume greatly so you can focus on your part. If you use headphones to isolate Front Of House tracks then you probably need something closed as well. Or at least tight fitting. For closed headphones Sennheiser HD280 which I haven't heard or Sennheiser HD497 which I have heard.

Personally, I don't believe you get the best value out of Sony cans. I still own a 7506, mdr-v900, and mdr-v600. Still I don't own a pair of senn hd497s yet because I would rather use those for tracking. I used a pair two months ago and I was pretty amazed. They are like 60 -100 bucks on ebay.

My best pair of headphones are AKG K20DF. They are really amazing headphones. They sound like nearfields. I can hear things on those that I can't hear on any other pair of headphones. I use them for equing tracks if It is really late at night. The mixes translate really well. They are open headphones though so, they suck for tracking. Also they use a ton of juice and nothing with batteries runs them well. They are 2x600 ohm headphones.

These guys know headphones.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13854

Back