Headphones, Headphone amps,mic mixers, and this and that

gidman

What are some good headphone amps & headphones that actually are loud enough?

I am looking at beringer,fostex, and rane amps.
Sony's MDRV700DJ headphone looks good.

I just aqusitioned biamps Advantage ONE 8 channel mixer and AGII 8 channel priority gate,How well will this work into a
Gadgetlabs wave 824 ? Can the 8 channel mixer replace the mixer I have. The way I have it set up now with my 1402.
I have a live mix and record out of the main outputs.
Pretty good sound but if there is a screwup. We all have to do the song over. Hopefully this way I can record 8 channels
and have control of the recorded mix and mixdown, and dub mistakes.How ever many dubs at a time that I want to.

Almost there...studio will be done in a couple of months.
still picking it all up one piece at a time...

The guys over at http://www.headwize.com will GLADLY tell you EVERYTHING and a great deal more about headphones. If the answer's not there, it's nowhere. I use the AKG 240 Monitors, which have been in use in studios over the past 20 years. Don't know about loud, but they won't misrepresent your audio in any way. Nice and neutral.

gidman said:
What are some good headphone amps & headphones that actually are loud enough?

I am looking at beringer,fostex, and rane amps.
Sony's MDRV700DJ headphone looks good.

I just aqusitioned biamps Advantage ONE 8 channel mixer and AGII 8 channel priority gate,How well will this work into a
Gadgetlabs wave 824 ? Can the 8 channel mixer replace the mixer I have. The way I have it set up now with my 1402.
I have a live mix and record out of the main outputs.
Pretty good sound but if there is a screwup. We all have to do the song over. Hopefully this way I can record 8 channels
and have control of the recorded mix and mixdown, and dub mistakes.How ever many dubs at a time that I want to.

Almost there...studio will be done in a couple of months.
still picking it all up one piece at a time...

Well, I always promote the ROLLS RA-6Headphone Amp. It's the best I've ever used and you can get them for about $160.00. It's a 6 channel Stereo Headphone Amp-and each headphone amp has it's own indsert point-so that you could pacth the 4 subs from a mixer into 4 different headphone amps-and give everyone their own mix.

For headphones there are two theories-on theory is get really good ones ($100 per set), and the other theory says don't spend more than $30 for them, because they are just going to get destroyed anyway.

I tend to look for phones in the $50 range.

Back