Headphones for recording drums(while playing)

StupidKid

I need some headphoens badly for recording drums. Anybody have some that work well? (I do have a maple starclassic so all the ones i have cant do crap for how loud I play and the drums are). ive been looking at the vic firths but they only do 24 db, and then there is the sound isolation ones with 29db, the studio kans @ 29db, shure E2c's , and the sennheiser hd-280's that claim up to 32db of reduction.

Anybody have any of those? and wish to elaborate? Or any other headphones ideas?

I use the Senn 280s and am happy with them for this purpose. Comfy, very snug, good isolation and sound although a bit bass light if not EQ'd.

J.

etymotics er-4s (in ear phones) smoke the shures and about 15 other brands i have tried, including my 600 dollar senns. 42 db isolation. i havent taken the senns out in the entire time i have found these etymotics.I psomise you, they will work wonders for you, and your music will thank you for it. The best around, period.
www.etymotic.com

I like to use earplugs under my headphones and make sure I have the volume up enough on the headphones. Works for me! I don't get any bleed in my mic's when I use closed back phones.

Back