Headphone monitoring

sae

How many of you spent money on a headphone amp?
How many of you use as many stereos as you need headphones?
Which headphones do you use?
What would you recommend for some one wanting to use 5 headphones at once?

Try the Sennheiser HD280 Professional Headphones. They list for $200, have gotten rave reviews and I got a pair on Amazon for $75....

I reccomend the Behringer HA4600, and 4 pairs of Sony MDR CD-180 Headphones, and a few headphone extension cables.
You will probably want a better set of headphones for critical listening as you record, for yourself, but these work well, are comfortable, loud, don't give out a lot of bleed, and are real cheap! Great for tracking/monitoring.

Sony Headphones

The Behri is only about a hundred bucks and can power up to and beyond 12 sets of headphones, with 4 seperate channels, bass & treble, Mono switching L or R mute, lots of options. Mine has been very reliable so far.

You could spend a lot more if you want to.

sae said:
What would you recommend for some one wanting to use 5 headphones at once?

5 heads? :D

Originally posted by hasbeen
Try the Sennheiser HD280 Professional Headphones. They list for $200, have gotten rave reviews and I got a pair on Amazon for $75....

I've got a pair of those. They don't sound so nice. They do, however, have the virtue of having extremely good noise attenuation. I can record close-miced vocals with them, and get no leakage at all! So that's pretty much all I use 'em for.

If I'm not using a mic, I use better quality, open back headphones. The 280s are sorta nasal, and not so pleasant to listen to, IME.

Back