Headphone mix Acid 6

peopleperson

I'm so sorry.
I'm using Acid 6.0 with the new Tascam US2000 interface and I need to figure out how to dial up a headphone mix but only with certain inputs routed to the headphone mix. Acid doesn't seem to have anything specifically for setting up a headphone mix. Maybe I'm wrong.

Basically, say I'm basic tracking a band and I need to give the drummer headphones for simple monitoring but WITHOUT his drums. What I usually do is just do a simple headphone split out of the headphone out of the interface. Well, I need to give him a signal with guitars and bass only and I can't figure that out with Acid. The Tascam interface I'm using has 4 mono outputs separate of the monitor outputs. I thought I could create a buss, and buss the guitar tracks only to the drummer via those outputs into a headphone amp. That worked, but then I couldn't send any of those tracks to the main output, so I couldn't hear them in the control room. I tried turning the input monitoring off on the drum tracks and that did nothing.

Any suggestions?

I'm using Acid 6.0 with the new Tascam US2000 interface and I need to figure out how to dial up a headphone mix but only with certain inputs routed to the headphone mix. Acid doesn't seem to have anything specifically for setting up a headphone mix. Maybe I'm wrong.

Basically, say I'm basic tracking a band and I need to give the drummer headphones for simple monitoring but WITHOUT his drums. What I usually do is just do a simple headphone split out of the headphone out of the interface. Well, I need to give him a signal with guitars and bass only and I can't figure that out with Acid. The Tascam interface I'm using has 4 mono outputs separate of the monitor outputs. I thought I could create a buss, and buss the guitar tracks only to the drummer via those outputs into a headphone amp. That worked, but then I couldn't send any of those tracks to the main output, so I couldn't hear them in the control room. I tried turning the input monitoring off on the drum tracks and that did nothing.

Any suggestions?

Hi.

Leave the tracks routed to the MASTER BUS.
Crate BUS called for EXAMPLE Headphones MIX.
Use mixing console to display the SENDS.
Adjust the SEND level for HEADPHONE BUS of TRACKs you want to ROUTE.
ROUTE HEADPHONE BUS to Hardware output, where Drummer is plugged in.

Shure SM57 microphone is the industry standard for a lot of voices and instruments. I have a couple and live up to their reputation.Not sure about the piano Most professional condenser microphones dont need an internal battery or AC power for individual work.

Back