Headphone Issue with Mixer

stevegb13

Okay,

Please bear with me as I find this quite complicated:

I have a Behringer 1002B I use for podcasting. I have poeple "in studio" and "skype people" plus jingles.

Here is my setup:

The studio people have a XLR mic each (5 of us).
On Track 9/10 I use RCA connectors coming from a Mac where the skype people and the jingles come into the mix

I then output to a mac using RCA to 1/8.

This sounds very good recorded no problems here.

The issue is that on the phones output it includes the studio people's voices and we don't want to hear that but of course record it.

Here is what I've done, I've sent the skype/jingle (9/10) to the monitor channel but muted the studio mics. I have a 5 way earphone splitter so the studio just hear skype and jingles and the skype hear studio and jingles.

This gives our podcast the live feel we love. However, there is a snag. The sound from the Monitor is mono and very quiet with the 5 phones jacked in.

Problem 1 - Volume

Would a Behringer HA400 Headphone Amp work in this situation and solve the volume problem.

Problem 2 - Mono

What we hear is fine but would be better in two ears. Is there any way to take the mono and put it into both ears.

We recorded our first show this week and it sounded awesome, just a little uncomfortable for the studio guys at times.

Many thanks, I appreciate it.

A head phone distro should do you fine. You just have to come out of your set up in stereo to receive stereo during play back.

:cool:

Back