headphone extension cable

tdub82

Is there a headphone extension cable on the market that doesn't suck?! I've had horrible luck with those. I even had a brand one go out the first time I used it. I'm willing to pay $$ to avoid this hassle ever again.

I bought a $3 one on ebay. Still working fine. The jacks can sometimes be finicky - or the plugs that go into them. Slightly different dimensions of the tip indent can happen with even the best cables - it happens with guitar cables, too.

Last edited:
Make one!
Neutrik make a metal bodied, locking jack line socket* the only one worth a light. The cable can be anything 3 core and up. You could use BBY/G mains cable but it ain't really proper for non-mains applications. 2, 3, 4 pair alarm cables is very good as is 4pr UTP network patch cable. You can of course use "balanced" mic cable but it is more expensive.

*Personally I would just put a jack in wee tin in fact you can have two or three.

If you are a soldering klutz Google for Rob at Kabl cable.

Dave.

I've never had a problem with headphone extensions, so you must have gotten a lemon. Get a refund from the retailer. Go to the store with your receipt and show them it doesn't work.

I make my own, but the inline female stereo jacks are crap, so I use a small plastic box on the end with 2 female jacks (for 2 pairs of phones) or more (I have a few) mounted in it on the end of the extension. Cable is alarm system cable.

Alan.

I bought two cheap ones from somewhere 10 years ago, and they're both still working. Just try again...

Back