HD24 question

reel2reel

Quick question about the HD24....Can you use TS cables on the analog inputs, or does it have to be TRS? If you can use either, would there be a difference in sound quality, function, or anything else?
Thanx

Yes you can use them, and depending on the quality and length of the cables you may or may not notice any difference in sound quality.

As a rule of thumb, I try to use Balanced cables wherever I can, to reduce the chances of posible noise.

Fishmed_Returns said:
Yes you can use them, and depending on the quality and length of the cables you may or may not notice any difference in sound quality.

As a rule of thumb, I try to use Balanced cables wherever I can, to reduce the chances of posible noise.

Thanks for the info.

If your recorder is going to be just sitting a couple of feet from your mixer and your not going to run a big long cable its a waist to go to balanced inputs and outputs. You are just sending your signal through a bunch of extra electronics to run balanced that you dont need. Balanced is only good for long cable runs. Nothing more

Back