HD storage capacity for ASUS P3B-F MOBO

What size HD is in it now ??
You can always install a large drive and break it down into partitions. Try an 80 gig for example and split it in half.

I'm about 99% sure that any drive up to 128 Gig will be OK. Of course what OS and file system you use will detirmine how large your partitions can be.

I currently have a 30 GB HD installed and want to add another with possibly more storage capability. ASUS's unclear tech support can't tell me how much HD storage is usable with the MOBO's current BIOS (v. 1005). They say that with the latest update (they're not clear on what that is- they've written me twice about it) I can utilize up to 100 GB of hard drive storage. I've tried to flash what I guess is the latest BIOS, v.1006, but have been unable to make it happen. I told them that but they totally ignored me. Also, from what I can understand from their garbled messages, it seems that I would have to add HD capacities to determine the amount the MOBO would be capable of utilizing. In other words, I'd have to add the 30 GB from my current HD to the amount of storage of the new drive to determine how much the MOBO could handle. For example, 30 GB + 60 GB = 90 GB total. I guess that would only be if I were using both drives at the same time. Is that possible, though?

Last edited:
ASUS finally answered my question. they say that my current BIOS version- v.1005- will only support a 40 GB HD. I find it hard to believe it will only support that amount.

Back