HD Controller !!

Damon

On one ocassion while I want to up-grade my PlayWrite 4080 Cd-R firmware which is not yet......I'd have Disabled one of my HD Controller (intel 82371AB/EB PCI Bus Master IDE controller & primary IDE controller/dual fifo)
And when I want to defragmenting the HD, it seems that it stuck in 10% & go back from the begining on & on again....!!
How can I enabling my HD cont....please tell me the step by step process !

How specifictly to Up-Grade the firmware of my Cd-Rec after I download it 'but affraid I'm doing something 'wrong....!??

For the attention, thank you so very much !!!!

Ha Ha Ha! The old stuck at 10% defrag loop. What's going on here is that you've got some other program loaded in memory that's calling for system resources while the defrag is underway. So the O/S grants the request and then starts the defrag all over again, just to check that none of the previously checked drive clusters has been changed. Make sure nothing else is running when you run defrag.
As for the the firmware upgrade- just follow the instructions you get with the upgrade. It'll be over before you know what happened.

Thanks for the HA HA inputs, I liked that....but you are not yet answering my question about re-enabling my HD controller....!?
Can you gimme some suggestion or inputs...??

Thanks

Glad you also found the humor in this situation. First off- why did you disable the HD controller to begin with, and if you did, does your computer work at all? If you've disabled a particular device, you can re-enable it by right-clicking My Computer nd selecting Properties, then the Device manager Tab. Select the device you're interested in and click the properties button. Should be a check-box that indicates whether the device is disabled.

Back