Having trouble

strings012

Ok I'm still new to recording. I'm using Guitar Tracks and have an audiophile 2496 sound card. I'm also using a cheap Behringer mixer. I have either guitar or mic plugged into the mixer and from there to the sound card. I'm using the rca outs from the mixer to the sound card. Is this right since there are no 1/4" inputs on the soundcard? When I arm a track to record, I'm not getting a signal. I have the output in guitar tracks set to my 2496 sound card also the inputs, still nothing. Also I have my computer speakers connected to the audiophile. If I play a sample track in GT I hear it just fine. Any suggestions would be apreciated.

i'm afraid i dont know the behr intimately. but if i remember there is an insert on the input channel. try this. run a patch chord from the insert to the sound card input. or if i remember there is an aux bus send ? turn up the aux on the channel then run a chord from aux out to the souncard.
hope that helps.

I'd investigate the status on the other end of that RCA pair from the mixer.

Do they show a signal at some other input like a receiver etc.?

Hosa makes a cheap 1/4" to RCA pair..... I wouldn't recommend it but that is easily on a par with buying those funky adapters from Radio Shack to match up a 1/4" - 1/4" Instrument Cable with an RCA - RCA cable.

Back